Cloud Computing Innovation Council for India (CCICI)
Welcome! Cloud Computing promises to be the "next big thing" in IT infrastructure and is poised to enable the next generation computing framework for the emerging markets. The Cloud Computing Innovation Council for India (CCICI) is comprised of experts across industry, academia and professional bodies which serves as a think-tank for driving technological innovations across the Cloud Computing ecosystem in India.
A Roadmap for Cloud Computing in India: An Initial View
Author: Dr. Gopal Pingali
Distinguished Engineer and Executive Director, IBM Global Cloud Center of Excellence
Executive Member, Cloud Computing Innovation Council for India
Cloud Computing is gaining great prominence all around the world, and even more so in emerging markets which are looking to leapfrog into the era of cloud and have great potential for leadership. India is one such emerging market which is looking to transform the nation through cloud services. This paper presents a roadmap for cloud computing in India. The author, Gopal Pingali, has been active in the Cloud Computing community as the Chair of the IEEE Cloud Computing for Emerging Markets (CCEM) in 2012 and 2013 and as a Member of the Executive Committee of the Cloud Computing Innovation Council for India and as a leader in globally driving Cloud Computing Solutions at IBM. The author came up with an initial viewpoint on a roadmap for Cloud Computing in India during the course of his interactions with numerous professionals in the field of Cloud Computing around the world, activities in CCICI and CCEM, especially in the context of the whitepaper that was released on October 17, 2013 in CCEM 2013. This paper presents an initial view of a roadmap for Cloud Computing in India. The views reflected in this paper are those of the author alone and not of his affiliated organizations.
This council has the following goals:
1. Publishing a white paper outlining a 3 to 5 year roadmap for Innovations around CLOUD COMPUTING to:
- Accelerate the adoption and deployment of Cloud Computing as the IT Infrastructure of choice by various market segments in the country.
- Accelerate the emergence of India as a globally competitive provider of Cloud Services & Infrastructure.
2. Provide recommendations for:
- Standards adoption & deployment (Interoperability test bed etc.)
- Focused research and education initiatives
- Industry – academia- government collaborations
- Specific proposals for Innovative Cloud based solutions, delivery models, IP and product development by the Start-up ecosystem
- IT/ITES (IT Enabled Services) Sector
- Domestic and Global R&D labs
- Public Private Partnerships
- Regulatory, Legislation and Policy issues to promote innovation
To learn more about the Cloud Computing Innovation Council for India, visit: http://www.ccici.in
Access CCICI Industry Connections Central Desktop: